Hi all,

Suppose I have a CObList of Things and a position in that list:

POSITION pos = collection.GetHeadPosition();
Thing *thing = (Thing *) collection.GetAt( pos );

I can increment pos with:

thing = (Thing *) collection.GetNext( pos );
thing = (Thing *) collection.GetPrev( pos );

But what if I wanted to take a peek at the next or previous Thing without
changing the value of pos? Since this is a linked list, is there any way of
doing something like:

thing->next.datamember;

or

thing->prev.method();

In other words, can I peek at the list without changing the value of the
position variable (and without introducing a spurrious temp POSITION
variable).

Thanks!