problem use stl with vc 6.0 - Programmer

This is a discussion on problem use stl with vc 6.0 - Programmer ; Hi, I want to use some function of STL using VC++ (visual studio 6.0). The problem I have is that the compiler does not recognize the STL functions. Each time I call in my code the STL functions : the ...

  1. problem use stl with vc 6.0

    Hi,

    I want to use some function of STL using VC++ (visual studio 6.0).

    The problem I have is that the compiler does not recognize the STL
    functions.

    Each time I call in my code the STL functions : the compiler generate
    an error.

    I ask in my code :
    #include
    #include
    int main (int argc, char** argv)
    {
    string a("aa");
    cout << a << endl;
    }

    The compiler answers me he does not find the class :
    HTML.cpp(12) : error C2065: 'string' : undeclared identifier

    I tried in the option/directories of my project to include the STL
    library files inserting :
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\STLport-4.6.2\stlport
    But it does not work : I do not know how to integrate the STL library
    in my project.

    I thank you very much for your time&reply,
    --

    Mickey Joutear
    C & VB developper

  2. Re: problem use stl with vc 6.0

    Hallo mickeydisn@gmail.com!

    > I ask in my code :
    > #include
    > #include
    > int main (int argc, char** argv)
    > {
    > string a("aa");
    > cout << a << endl;
    > }
    >
    > The compiler answers me he does not find the class :
    > HTML.cpp(12) : error C2065: 'string' : undeclared identifier

    And the compiler is right, because all STL classes are patr of the
    namespace std.
    Either use:
    using namespace std;
    or write
    std::string a("aa");

    Martin Richter [MVP] WWJD
    "In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them."
    FAQ : http://www.mpdvc.de
    Samples: http://www.codeguru.com http://www.codeproject.com

+ Reply to Thread