RichEdit 2.0 and RTF - Programmer

This is a discussion on RichEdit 2.0 and RTF - Programmer ; Hi all, I'm trying to use CRichEdit 2.0 Control with RTF syntax. It works fine with some tags but i'm having some trouble with tables. I want to write some text in the RichEdit control that is formatted in columns ...

  1. RichEdit 2.0 and RTF

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to use CRichEdit 2.0 Control with RTF syntax. It works fine
    with some tags but i'm having some trouble with tables.
    I want to write some text in the RichEdit control that is formatted in
    columns and cells so i use tables.
    The problem is that if i define a table in RTF the RichEdit show it but
    don't wrap text inside cells, so if i write some text larger than cell
    it does't wrap inside it but continue on the same row overwriting
    adiacent cell.
    If i try the same RTF with WordPad the text wrap correctly.
    Can anyone help me to know why RichEdit control doesn't wrap on cells?

    Is there other methods to format text for Views and Printer other that
    write by hand a new control?

    Thanks in advice.

    --
    Caronte

  2. Re: RichEdit 2.0 and RTF

    Hallo caronte!

    > I'm trying to use CRichEdit 2.0 Control with RTF syntax. It works fine
    > with some tags but i'm having some trouble with tables.
    > I want to write some text in the RichEdit control that is formatted in
    > columns and cells so i use tables.
    > The problem is that if i define a table in RTF the RichEdit show it but
    > don't wrap text inside cells, so if i write some text larger than cell
    > it does't wrap inside it but continue on the same row overwriting
    > adiacent cell.
    > If i try the same RTF with WordPad the text wrap correctly.
    > Can anyone help me to know why RichEdit control doesn't wrap on cells?
    >
    > Is there other methods to format text for Views and Printer other that
    > write by hand a new control?

    Strange Wordpad uses also the standard RTF control. But may Wordpad uses
    still RTF 1.x? The sourcecode of Wordpad is available in the SDK
    samples. Take a look into it.

    --
    Martin Richter [MVP] WWJD
    "In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them."

+ Reply to Thread