Startup logo - Programmer

This is a discussion on Startup logo - Programmer ; Hi, Before my application opens. I want to show a startup logo dialog which will display for 10 seconds. Like when you invoke microsoft word, it displays a startup dialog. How to achieve this. Any hints? Thanks, Cric...

  1. Startup logo

    Hi,
    Before my application opens. I want to show a startup logo dialog which
    will display for 10 seconds. Like when you invoke microsoft word, it
    displays a startup dialog. How to achieve this. Any hints?
    Thanks,
    Cric

  2. Re: Startup logo

    cric wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Before my application opens. I want to show a startup logo dialog which
    > will display for 10 seconds. Like when you invoke microsoft word, it
    > displays a startup dialog. How to achieve this. Any hints?

    If it just displays & then goes, you need to add a Spash Screen to your
    project (Project->Add to Project->Components->Visual C++
    Components->Spash Screen). If you want a dialog (i.e. some user
    interaction) then I tend to put a dialog in the Document's constructor.

    HTH

    Paul.

  3. Re: Startup logo

    cric wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Before my application opens. I want to show a startup logo dialog which
    > will display for 10 seconds. Like when you invoke microsoft word, it
    > displays a startup dialog. How to achieve this. Any hints?

    You might want to take a look at:

    http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/splasher.asp

    As I recall, the splash screen code built into MFC has some problems (I
    don't remember the details for sure, but if memory serves, it's
    something about reacting incorrectly to the user dismissing the splash
    screen early by clicking on it).

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.