Microcontroller and PC commnicaiton using USB - Programmer

This is a discussion on Microcontroller and PC commnicaiton using USB - Programmer ; Hi I am using a microcontroller. I have to communicate to the microcontroller using the PC. Both the PC and Microcontroller has the devivce driver. I am a new to this and I am not getting any pointer to start ...

  1. Microcontroller and PC commnicaiton using USB

    Hi
    I am using a microcontroller. I have to communicate to the
    microcontroller using the PC. Both the PC and Microcontroller has the
    devivce driver. I am a new to this and I am not getting any pointer to
    start the programming. I have to do the programming using VC++
    Please let me know if you have any idea on it
    Mayur...

  2. Re: Microcontroller and PC commnicaiton using USB

    Basically, if your program needs to communicate to some device, you
    should have a SDK provided with this device. This SDK must include some
    header files (*.h) and library (*.lib and/or *.dll). If you don't have
    these files, the manufacturer of the device might have them on their
    website for download. Then, include the appropriate header files in
    your program and the library files into your project. You can then call
    the appropriate functions in your program to interact with the device.
    That's how it's done in general. For details look the developer manual
    that you might have received with the device or you can usually
    download it from the device manufacturer's website.

  3. Re: Microcontroller and PC commnicaiton using USB

    I recently did that with a MSP430 and a DLP-USB232M. The DLP people had a
    complete development package on their website.

    The other possibility is that he can communicate with his chip using RS232.

    So I guess his first issue is to determine how his microcontroller is going
    to communicate with his PC -- what is his "device driver"?

    DataGet & PocketLog www.dataget.com
    Data Collectors www.baxcode.com

    wrote in message
    news:1122472238.889660.95410@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Basically, if your program needs to communicate to some device, you
    > should have a SDK provided with this device. This SDK must include some
    > header files (*.h) and library (*.lib and/or *.dll). If you don't have
    > these files, the manufacturer of the device might have them on their
    > website for download. Then, include the appropriate header files in
    > your program and the library files into your project. You can then call
    > the appropriate functions in your program to interact with the device.
    > That's how it's done in general. For details look the developer manual
    > that you might have received with the device or you can usually
    > download it from the device manufacturer's website.

+ Reply to Thread