transparent text - Programmer

This is a discussion on transparent text - Programmer ; I am trying to use a text control over background bitmap in a picture control. The text control is set to transparent but it still the text background greys over. Thank you...

  1. transparent text

    I am trying to use a text control over background bitmap in a picture
    control. The text control is set to transparent but it still the text
    background greys over.

    Thank you

  2. Re: transparent text

    Hallo google@zenprobe.com!

    > I am trying to use a text control over background bitmap in a picture
    > control. The text control is set to transparent but it still the text
    > background greys over.

    Try to overwrite WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC/OnCtlColor and return the
    HOLLOW_BRUSH or NULL_BRUSH.

    --
    Martin Richter [MVP] WWJD
    "In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them."

  3. Re: transparent text

    Just to add to martin's comment.

    Try my transparent static control.

    http://www.codeproject.com/staticctr...StaticCtrl.asp

    Take a look at method 2.
    It also handles setting new text to the static control.

    AliR.

    wrote in message
    news:1121109376.848234.268420@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > I am trying to use a text control over background bitmap in a picture
    > control. The text control is set to transparent but it still the text
    > background greys over.
    >
    > Thank you

+ Reply to Thread