Changing behavior of CListCtrl checkbox clics - Programmer

This is a discussion on Changing behavior of CListCtrl checkbox clics - Programmer ; I have a class that is based off of CListCtrl. I set the following extended styles: LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT -- Select the entire row at a time LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES -- Add a checkbox to the row When you select the row, and then ...

  1. Changing behavior of CListCtrl checkbox clics

    I have a class that is based off of CListCtrl.

    I set the following extended styles:
    LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT -- Select the entire row at a time
    LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES -- Add a checkbox to the row

    When you select the row, and then click on the already selected row, it
    toggles the checkbox.

    I want the behavior to be that the checkbox only toggles when the
    checkbox is clicked directly.

    How do I do this?

    Thanks,
    Brian

  2. Re: Changing behavior of CListCtrl checkbox clics

    I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you are talking about!

    AliR.

    wrote in message
    news:1120756490.830161.130190@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > I have a class that is based off of CListCtrl.
    >
    > I set the following extended styles:
    > LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT -- Select the entire row at a time
    > LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES -- Add a checkbox to the row
    >
    > When you select the row, and then click on the already selected row, it
    > toggles the checkbox.
    >
    > I want the behavior to be that the checkbox only toggles when the
    > checkbox is clicked directly.
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

  3. Re: Changing behavior of CListCtrl checkbox clics

    Your response was useful... thank you It told me that I was
    screwing something up with my styles. This is what I had:

    SetExtendedStyle(GetStyle()|LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT|L VS_EX_CHECKBOXES);

    But, GetStyle does not return the EXTENDED style!!!

    Some other style was getting set. Dont really care what it is, but I
    got it fixed now.

    Thanks,