DeleteTempMap - Programmer

This is a discussion on DeleteTempMap - Programmer ; Should you ever have to call this explicitly? My application was crashing on shutdown after repeatedly creating and destroying windows. When I call DeleteTempMap before destroying the window it seems to cure the shutdown problem but I am not sure ...

  1. DeleteTempMap

    Should you ever have to call this explicitly? My application was
    crashing on shutdown after repeatedly creating and destroying windows.
    When I call DeleteTempMap before destroying the window it seems to cure
    the shutdown problem but I am not sure why.

  2. Re: DeleteTempMap

    Hallo LC!

    > Should you ever have to call this explicitly? My application was
    > crashing on shutdown after repeatedly creating and destroying windows.
    > When I call DeleteTempMap before destroying the window it seems to cure
    > the shutdown problem but I am not sure why.

    No!
    DeleteTempMap has no such influence. It is just a map of handles to
    temporal objects. Also it deletes the objects. But those objects are
    just plain wrappers arround the handle. So their destructors are empty.

    DeleteTempMap is called whenever the application goes into OnIdle, this
    is very often beacuse OnIdle is always executed when no more messages
    are in the message queue.

    --
    Martin Richter [MVP] WWJD
    "In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them."

+ Reply to Thread