COM - Programmer

This is a discussion on COM - Programmer ; Hi , i have read the word COM everywhere. I tried to read about it but its very complex. Can somewone give me general idea .. what this COM is? Mostly I am using C++ and now also exposed to ...

  1. COM

    Hi ,
    i have read the word COM everywhere. I tried to read about it but its
    very complex. Can somewone give me general idea .. what this COM is?
    Mostly I am using C++ and now also exposed to vc++. How a com component
    can be used in c++ and vc++?
    Thanks,
    Cric

  2. Re: COM

    COM as said component Onject model is lang. independent way of
    developing the applications.
    VC++ has support for COM through ATL.a group of libraries. u can
    develop the same in C++ but with lot of efforts on ur part.

    Go throug this book ATL Prograaming from Grimmes.
    bye

+ Reply to Thread