Runtime Error an interesting problem - Programmer

This is a discussion on Runtime Error an interesting problem - Programmer ; We are writing an mfc program a tray icon application in VC++ 7.0. But we can not DEBUG the program when we run at debug mode it gives the error : Debug Assertion Failed afxwin1.inl line 26 We use release ...

  1. Runtime Error an interesting problem

    We are writing an mfc program a tray icon application in VC++ 7.0. But
    we can not DEBUG the program when we run at debug mode it gives the
    error :
    Debug Assertion Failed afxwin1.inl line 26

    We use release mode. Program process the messages. But sometimes not in
    similiar cases maybe in first message maybe in 70. message it gives a
    RUNTIME ERROR or MEMORY ERROR and closes. It does not give the error in
    same line of program always in different lines. There is no memory leak
    in program(if there is it does not give error in first attempt)Also
    there is no problem in program logic(it always gives error in different
    lines)
    we think the problem is in compilier options or the version of mfc we
    are using.
    How can we solve this problem we are really in diffiult situation.

    Thanks in advance
    Dogal Acar...

  2. Re: Runtime Error an interesting problem

    dogalacar@yahoo.com wrote:
    > We are writing an mfc program a tray icon application in VC++ 7.0. But
    > we can not DEBUG the program when we run at debug mode it gives the
    > error :
    > Debug Assertion Failed afxwin1.inl line 26
    >
    > We use release mode. Program process the messages. But sometimes not in
    > similiar cases maybe in first message maybe in 70. message it gives a
    > RUNTIME ERROR or MEMORY ERROR and closes. It does not give the error in
    > same line of program always in different lines. There is no memory leak
    > in program(if there is it does not give error in first attempt)Also
    > there is no problem in program logic(it always gives error in different
    > lines)
    > we think the problem is in compilier options or the version of mfc we
    > are using.
    > How can we solve this problem we are really in diffiult situation.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Dogal Acar...

    The debug assertion is intended to help you! It means MFC has detected
    an invalid condition.
    1. If you have not done so, install the MFC source code from your VC++
    installation CD. This will let you see the code that detected the problem.
    2. When it fails in the debugger study the debug stack window. This
    will show you the calls from your code that led to the problem. You can
    double click in the stack window to go to your own calling code and
    there investigate your variables and the parameters you passed.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread