I'm looking for more of a reference or article to attack than anything
else b/c the topic is somewhat complex.

I have a class inherited from CToolbar. I'd like to be able to pass
the toolbar object into a dll and add toolbar buttons to this toolbar.
However, as
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/3...us,vs.80).aspx states
"If a button on the control bar doesn't have a COMMAND or
UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler, the framework automatically disables the
button."

I'd like to be able to figure out a way to add these commands to the
handler somewhere so that it knows to enable the button. If anyone has
any article links or references, I'd greatly appreciate it. Searching
around on google has left me wanting.