Running processes events? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Running processes events? - Programmer ; Hi! is there some kind of events we can use to know when a new process is running? thanks!...

  1. Running processes events?

    Hi!

    is there some kind of events we can use to know when a new process is
    running?

    thanks!

  2. Re: Running processes events?

    "LukeV" wrote in message
    news:1106711953.850902.318910@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi!
    >
    > is there some kind of events we can use to know when a new process is
    > running?

    New in what way?

    Do you perhaps mean you want to know when a new process you start with
    CreateProcess()
    has ended? If so, use WaitforSingleObject(pi.hProcess, INFINITE) where pi is
    the
    PROCESS_INFO structure.

    If you want to know when a specific process starts then there are many
    a) have that process create and set an named Event
    b) have the process send you a message on a mailslot or socket or
    connect to you process by a named pipe
    c) use the OS variant dependent Helper Library to enumarate the
    processes in the system often enough to notice the process
    d) install a global DLL and find out the Process name whenever a process
    loads the DLL
    e) buy or make and use a driver which informs you of any processes starting

    - Sten

+ Reply to Thread