Modal dlg & handle click in other window? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Modal dlg & handle click in other window? - Programmer ; Please help me with the following. I have a MODAL dialog (CDialog). In the background I have a view window, in which the user is allowed to click while the modal dialog is active. (This is unusual but quite necessary ...

  1. Modal dlg & handle click in other window?

    Please help me with the following.

    I have a MODAL dialog (CDialog). In the background I have a view
    window, in which the user is allowed to click while the modal dialog is
    active. (This is unusual but quite necessary in my case).

    Because any clicks outside of a modal dialog will be ignored: can I use
    the dialog's SetCapture() method to intercept these clicks and pass
    them on to the view window? Will the view window work as it should (as
    if no dialog is there)?

    Another question: is it possible to display another MODAL dialog from
    within a MODAL dialog?

    Bye,

    Ecto.

  2. Re: Modal dlg & handle click in other window?

    If you use SetCapture then none of the controls in dialog box will work.
    Other than that you won't be able to forward the mouse message to the view
    anyway.

    Why not simply change the modal dialog to a modeless dialog?

    AliR.

    "ectoplasm" wrote in message
    news:1105883018.225211.210150@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Please help me with the following.
    >
    > I have a MODAL dialog (CDialog). In the background I have a view
    > window, in which the user is allowed to click while the modal dialog is
    > active. (This is unusual but quite necessary in my case).
    >
    > Because any clicks outside of a modal dialog will be ignored: can I use
    > the dialog's SetCapture() method to intercept these clicks and pass
    > them on to the view window? Will the view window work as it should (as
    > if no dialog is there)?
    >
    > Another question: is it possible to display another MODAL dialog from
    > within a MODAL dialog?
    >
    > Bye,
    >
    > Ecto.

  3. Re: Modal dlg & handle click in other window?

    AliR wrote:
    > If you use SetCapture then none of the controls in dialog box will

    work.
    > Other than that you won't be able to forward the mouse message to the

    view
    > anyway.
    >
    > Why not simply change the modal dialog to a modeless dialog?
    >
    > AliR.
    >
    > "ectoplasm" wrote in message
    > news:1105883018.225211.210150@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Please help me with the following.
    > >
    > > I have a MODAL dialog (CDialog). In the background I have a view
    > > window, in which the user is allowed to click while the modal

    dialog is
    > > active. (This is unusual but quite necessary in my case).
    > >
    > > Because any clicks outside of a modal dialog will be ignored: can I

    use
    > > the dialog's SetCapture() method to intercept these clicks and pass
    > > them on to the view window? Will the view window work as it should

    (as
    > > if no dialog is there)?
    > >
    > > Another question: is it possible to display another MODAL dialog

    from
    > > within a MODAL dialog?
    > >
    > > Bye,
    > >
    > > Ecto.

    Hi. Thanks for your suggestion AliR. I myself have found out that it is
    simply not possible from a modal dialog. Case closed :_(

  4. Re: Modal dlg & handle click in other window?

    AliR wrote:
    > If you use SetCapture then none of the controls in dialog box will

    work.
    > Other than that you won't be able to forward the mouse message to the

    view
    > anyway.
    >
    > Why not simply change the modal dialog to a modeless dialog?
    >
    > AliR.
    >
    > "ectoplasm" wrote in message
    > news:1105883018.225211.210150@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Please help me with the following.
    > >
    > > I have a MODAL dialog (CDialog). In the background I have a view
    > > window, in which the user is allowed to click while the modal

    dialog is
    > > active. (This is unusual but quite necessary in my case).
    > >
    > > Because any clicks outside of a modal dialog will be ignored: can I

    use
    > > the dialog's SetCapture() method to intercept these clicks and pass
    > > them on to the view window? Will the view window work as it should

    (as
    > > if no dialog is there)?
    > >
    > > Another question: is it possible to display another MODAL dialog

    from
    > > within a MODAL dialog?
    > >
    > > Bye,
    > >
    > > Ecto.

  5. Re: Modal dlg & handle click in other window?

    AliR wrote:
    > If you use SetCapture then none of the controls in dialog box will

    work.
    > Other than that you won't be able to forward the mouse message to the

    view
    > anyway.
    >
    > Why not simply change the modal dialog to a modeless dialog?
    >
    > AliR.
    >
    > "ectoplasm" wrote in message
    > news:1105883018.225211.210150@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Please help me with the following.
    > >
    > > I have a MODAL dialog (CDialog). In the background I have a view
    > > window, in which the user is allowed to click while the modal

    dialog is
    > > active. (This is unusual but quite necessary in my case).
    > >
    > > Because any clicks outside of a modal dialog will be ignored: can I

    use
    > > the dialog's SetCapture() method to intercept these clicks and pass
    > > them on to the view window? Will the view window work as it should

    (as
    > > if no dialog is there)?
    > >
    > > Another question: is it possible to display another MODAL dialog

    from
    > > within a MODAL dialog?
    > >
    > > Bye,
    > >
    > > Ecto.

    Thanks for your suggestion AliR. I myself have found out that it is
    simply not possible with a modal dialog. Case closed :_(

+ Reply to Thread