Switching views in an SDI application - Newbie - Programmer

This is a discussion on Switching views in an SDI application - Newbie - Programmer ; I'm trying to switch between multiple views within my application of which 2 are splitter views. Everything compiles fine and when I execute the application, the code I have for switching views seems to work just fine until I try ...

  1. Switching views in an SDI application - Newbie

    I'm trying to switch between multiple views within my application of
    which 2 are splitter views. Everything compiles fine and when I
    execute the application, the code I have for switching views seems to
    work just fine until I try clicking on any of the panes within either
    of the splitter views.

    Once I click anywhere within a pane of the splitter view and then
    switch to another view and then back to the splitter view I had just
    clicked in, the pane within the splitter view goes blank upon
    returning to that particular view. Furthermore, if at this point I try
    to minimize or maximize my application, it will crash.

    Any suggestions on what to investigate or links to any articles on how
    to deal with switching between views that contain splitter windows
    would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for any help!

  2. Re: Switching views in an SDI application - Newbie

    jah wrote:
    > Any suggestions on what to investigate or links to any articles on how
    > to deal with switching between views that contain splitter windows
    > would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance for any help!

    This example does just about everything that can be done with switching
    views and splitters:

    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread