MFC questions - Programmer

This is a discussion on MFC questions - Programmer ; I've heard of versions of the MFC that run under Macintosh (is this true?). The Macintosh OS is nothing more than a enhanced version of BSD Berkly, right? If this is so, are there versions of the MFC that port ...

  1. MFC questions

    I've heard of versions of the MFC that run under Macintosh (is this true?).
    The Macintosh OS is nothing more than a enhanced version of BSD Berkly,
    right? If this is so, are there versions of the MFC that port to Linux?

    Can anybody direct me to some MFC, Visual C++ web sites that offer examples,
    snippets, etc.

  2. Re: MFC questions

    Bill S. wrote:

    > I've heard of versions of the MFC that run under Macintosh (is this true?).
    > The Macintosh OS is nothing more than a enhanced version of BSD Berkly,
    > right? If this is so, are there versions of the MFC that port to Linux?
    >
    > Can anybody direct me to some MFC, Visual C++ web sites that offer examples,
    > snippets, etc.

    There was a version of MFC for Macs but support for it stopped many many
    years ago. No longer supplied by Microsoft.

    There are commercial products for porting MFC programs to unix.
    (Expensive, I hear.) I don't recall the supplier's name - search the
    web if you are interested.

    There are loads and loads of MFC examples and articles at the following
    sites:

    http://www.codeguru.com
    http://www.codeproject.com

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

  3. Re: MFC questions

    I assume your using Visual Studio which is not the same as "MFC."

    To get the controls pallete back just go to "Tools", "Customize", and then
    on the Toolbars tab make sure the "Controls" item is checked.

    The MFC has a nice set of controls available but it is still minimal and by
    no means will answer all the needs of a development project. If you look at
    Visual Studio itself you can see that they probably used the product "Stingray"
    to build it. Stingray gives you many capabilities beyond MFC alone. However,
    it is a commercial product and would require licensing.

+ Reply to Thread