How to access from one view to another in MDI? - Programmer

This is a discussion on How to access from one view to another in MDI? - Programmer ; I am working on an MDI Splitter application and encountering some view-to-view access problem. Hope somebody can help. I have a CView (called CGraphView) and CFormView (called CTextView) displaying data in graphic and text formats, respectively, in the upper and ...

  1. How to access from one view to another in MDI?

    I am working on an MDI Splitter application and encountering some
    view-to-view
    access problem. Hope somebody can help.

    I have a CView (called CGraphView) and CFormView (called CTextView)
    displaying
    data in graphic and text formats, respectively, in the upper and lower
    pane of
    a splitter frame (called CSplitFrame). A button (called
    IDC_PRINTGRAPH_BTN) on
    CFormView is meant to print what is displayed in the CView.

    My question is:
    How do I access the (over-rided) OnPreparePrint() function from my
    IDC_PRINTGRAPH_BTN?

  2. Re: How to access from one view to another in MDI?

    try to access it by shared documents and custom update hints.
    use CDocument::UpdateAllViews and override CView::OnUpdate to communicate
    between document and views.

    "CFF" дʼ
    news:2560187f.0408050729.55fcbcb3@posting.google.c om...
    > I am working on an MDI Splitter application and encountering some
    > view-to-view
    > access problem. Hope somebody can help.
    >
    > I have a CView (called CGraphView) and CFormView (called CTextView)
    > displaying
    > data in graphic and text formats, respectively, in the upper and lower
    > pane of
    > a splitter frame (called CSplitFrame). A button (called
    > IDC_PRINTGRAPH_BTN) on
    > CFormView is meant to print what is displayed in the CView.
    >
    > My question is:
    > How do I access the (over-rided) OnPreparePrint() function from my
    > IDC_PRINTGRAPH_BTN?

+ Reply to Thread