need my radio buttons to ignore (pass on) arrow keystrokes - Programmer

This is a discussion on need my radio buttons to ignore (pass on) arrow keystrokes - Programmer ; I have a group of radio buttons on my dialog, but I need to use the arrow keys for other things...but the radio keys keep responding to the arrow keystrokes, selecting the previous or next button. I tried setting the ...

  1. need my radio buttons to ignore (pass on) arrow keystrokes

    I have a group of radio buttons on my dialog, but I need to use the
    arrow keys for other things...but the radio keys keep responding to
    the arrow keystrokes, selecting the previous or next button. I tried
    setting the focus back to the dialog after each radio button function
    had executed. No go.

    Any ideas?

    THANK YOU BERRY MUCH.

  2. Re: need my radio buttons to ignore (pass on) arrow keystrokes

    > I have a group of radio buttons on my dialog, but I need to use the
    > arrow keys for other things...but the radio keys keep responding to
    > the arrow keystrokes, selecting the previous or next button. I tried
    > setting the focus back to the dialog after each radio button function
    > had executed. No go.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I've not done this, but I'd look at overriding PreTranslateMessage()
    in the dialog class. It's this function that passes on keystrokes, so
    if you trap the arrow keys before they go to the control, this might
    work.

    Of course I might be completely wrong, but it's worth a try.

    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread