Cross Platform Development - Programmer

This is a discussion on Cross Platform Development - Programmer ; I am looking for some info and opinions on cross platform development. We wish to port/create applications for Windows and Unix. Now I am NOT a UNIX person so when I say UNIX, I am saying Red Hat, Linspire, Suse, ...

  1. Cross Platform Development

    I am looking for some info and opinions on cross platform development.
    We wish to port/create applications for Windows and Unix. Now I am NOT
    a UNIX person so when I say UNIX, I am saying Red Hat, Linspire, Suse,
    Solarix, etc. I am not sure if these all fall under the UNIX umbrella
    but I am putting them there till I am told differently. I am looking
    for products that will let me build my application using Visual Studio
    and then cross compile it for different targets, hopefully within VC.
    Does something like this exist?

    --
    Thanks

    Ralph Krausse
    www.consiliumsoft.com
    Use the START button? Then you need CSFastRunII...
    A new kind of application launcher integrated in the taskbar!
    ScreenShot - http://www.consiliumsoft.com/ScreenShot.jpg

  2. Re: Cross Platform Development

    In message <49eb6317.0407161020.5ad5350f@posting.google.com>, Ralph
    Krausse writes
    >but I am putting them there till I am told differently. I am looking
    >for products that will let me build my application using Visual Studio
    >and then cross compile it for different targets, hopefully within VC.
    >Does something like this exist?

    Search Google with the phrase "porting NT to Unix".

    MainSoft's MainWin XDE
    Review here:

    http://c.ittoolbox.com/documents/document.asp?i=1008

    Never used it myself.