SetTitle in MainFrm.cpp - Programmer

This is a discussion on SetTitle in MainFrm.cpp - Programmer ; Hi, I have to change SDI window caption. I tried: GetDocument()->SetTitle("aaa") ; but this code is in CMainFrame method, so I can't access view class. Thanks for any help. Deli...

  1. SetTitle in MainFrm.cpp

    Hi,
    I have to change SDI window caption. I tried:

    GetDocument()->SetTitle("aaa") ;

    but this code is in CMainFrame method, so I can't access view class.
    Thanks for any help.

    Deli

  2. Re: SetTitle in MainFrm.cpp

    "Deli" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    > I have to change SDI window caption. I tried:
    >
    > GetDocument()->SetTitle("aaa") ;
    >
    > but this code is in CMainFrame method, so I can't access view class.
    > Thanks for any help.

    You can get a pointer to the document from the mainframe by using
    GetActiveDocument().

    HTH

    Paul.

  3. Re: SetTitle in MainFrm.cpp

    > You can get a pointer to the document from the mainframe by using
    > GetActiveDocument().
    >
    > HTH

    Thanks, it works!
    But I can only change the begin of caption: "title" in "title - AppName",
    how to change the whole caption?
    TIA!

    Deli

  4. Re: SetTitle in MainFrm.cpp

    Have you tried something like:
    AfxGetMainWindow()->SetWindowText(...); ?

    Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

    "Deli" wrote in message
    > > You can get a pointer to the document from the mainframe by using
    > > GetActiveDocument().
    > >
    > > HTH

    > Thanks, it works!
    > But I can only change the begin of caption: "title" in "title - AppName",
    > how to change the whole caption?
    > TIA!
    >
    > Deli

  5. Re: SetTitle in MainFrm.cpp

    Deli wrote:

    >>You can get a pointer to the document from the mainframe by using
    >>GetActiveDocument().
    >>
    >>HTH

    > Thanks, it works!
    > But I can only change the begin of caption: "title" in "title - AppName",
    > how to change the whole caption?
    > TIA!
    >
    > Deli

    To disable the MFC automatic window title stuff do this:

    // MFC override to tweak window style during creation
    BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs)
    {
    cs.style &= ~FWS_ADDTOTITLE; // kill cutesy MFC titles
    return CFrameWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs);
    }

    Then you can use SetWindowText to control the entire title

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread