reduce flickering of dialog and the controls - Programmer

This is a discussion on reduce flickering of dialog and the controls - Programmer ; hi all, i just created an application in mfc which is dialog based. this applications has many controls such as buttons, edit controls, static controls, movie control, list box, etc. the application involves resizing the dialog box and accordingly repositioning ...

  1. reduce flickering of dialog and the controls

    hi all,

    i just created an application in mfc which is dialog based. this
    applications has many controls such as buttons, edit controls, static
    controls, movie control, list box, etc. the application involves
    resizing the dialog box and accordingly repositioning the controls
    which is done. the problem is that resizing the dialog causes a lot of
    flickering of the dialog as well as of the controls as i am using
    Redraw Window() in OnSize(). can u guys help me to reduce this
    flickering?

  2. Re: reduce flickering of dialog and the controls

    > i just created an application in mfc which is dialog based. this
    > applications has many controls such as buttons, edit controls, static
    > controls, movie control, list box, etc. the application involves
    > resizing the dialog box and accordingly repositioning the controls
    > which is done. the problem is that resizing the dialog causes a lot of
    > flickering of the dialog as well as of the controls

    Try BeginDeferWindowPos, DeferWindowPos for each control,
    EndDeferWindowPos.

    Regards,
    Frank

+ Reply to Thread