Database presentation in MFC - Programmer

This is a discussion on Database presentation in MFC - Programmer ; Hello *, I have a problem in creating my MFC application and I really need your help. I have created an application that connects to an MS Access DB, retreives specified data and then fills a list control (each field's ...

  1. Database presentation in MFC

    Hello *,

    I have a problem in creating my MFC application and I really need your
    help. I have created an application that connects to an MS Access DB,
    retreives specified data and then fills a list control (each field's
    values in a column). So far so good. Now, I want to add some
    add,delete,update functionalities and this is where the problem
    starts. I can't find a way to configure the list control in order to
    be able to edit any cell (subitem) except one column (item). Is there
    a way or should I use another control or Activex component? Any advice
    would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    Kostas

  2. Re: Database presentation in MFC

    Kostas schrieb:

    > Hello *,
    >
    > I have a problem in creating my MFC application and I really need
    > your help. I have created an application that connects to an MS
    > Access DB, retreives specified data and then fills a list control
    > (each field's values in a column). So far so good. Now, I want to
    > add some add,delete,update functionalities and this is where the
    > problem starts. I can't find a way to configure the list control in
    > order to be able to edit any cell (subitem) except one column
    > (item). Is there a way or should I use another control or Activex
    > component? Any advice would be appreciated.
    >

    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Kostas

    Hello, look at http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp
    may be, this helps.