Creating modal/modeless dialog from other thread - Programmer

This is a discussion on Creating modal/modeless dialog from other thread - Programmer ; Hi, I read a lot about the problem creating dialogs out of different threads but until today I can't find a solution by myself. Within my application there are two threads running. One thread is responsible for the main-window, the ...

  1. Creating modal/modeless dialog from other thread

    Hi,

    I read a lot about the problem creating dialogs out of different
    threads but until today I can't find a solution by myself. Within my
    application there are two threads running. One thread is responsible
    for the main-window, the second for the application logic (I need
    both). Now I try to open a dialog out of the second thread (a
    confirmation dialog with edit-possibility). If I create a modal dialog
    my software crashes by calling dialog.DoModal if I create a modeless
    dialog the dialog is not visible. What can I do?? Does anybody had the
    same problem??

    Thanks a lot,

    Terrie

  2. Re: Creating modal/modeless dialog from other thread

    After you created the dialog ,had you show it out ?
    "Terrie"
    ??????:94573ae.0405042336.163db25a@posting.google. com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I read a lot about the problem creating dialogs out of different
    > threads but until today I can't find a solution by myself. Within my
    > application there are two threads running. One thread is responsible
    > for the main-window, the second for the application logic (I need
    > both). Now I try to open a dialog out of the second thread (a
    > confirmation dialog with edit-possibility). If I create a modal dialog
    > my software crashes by calling dialog.DoModal if I create a modeless
    > dialog the dialog is not visible. What can I do?? Does anybody had the
    > same problem??
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > Terrie

  3. Re: Creating modal/modeless dialog from other thread

    Make sure you're calling Create and ShowWindow.

    Pete Mourfield

    "Terrie" wrote in message
    news:94573ae.0405042336.163db25a@posting.google.co m...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I read a lot about the problem creating dialogs out of different
    > threads but until today I can't find a solution by myself. Within my
    > application there are two threads running. One thread is responsible
    > for the main-window, the second for the application logic (I need
    > both). Now I try to open a dialog out of the second thread (a
    > confirmation dialog with edit-possibility). If I create a modal dialog
    > my software crashes by calling dialog.DoModal if I create a modeless
    > dialog the dialog is not visible. What can I do?? Does anybody had the
    > same problem??
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > Terrie

+ Reply to Thread