DAO, MFC, XP and queries - Programmer

This is a discussion on DAO, MFC, XP and queries - Programmer ; I have a MFC program which reads an MDB file using DAO. It opens and reads tables ok, but crashes when I try to open queries. I use CDaoRecordset for both queries and records. VC6 running on XP with a ...

  1. DAO, MFC, XP and queries

    I have a MFC program which reads an MDB file using DAO.

    It opens and reads tables ok, but crashes when I try to open
    queries. I use CDaoRecordset for both queries and records.

    VC6 running on XP with a database created in Access 95.

    Any suggestions as to why it works with tables and not
    queries?

    TIA

    Owen

    Unique and easy to use graphics programs
    http://www.ransen.com

  2. Re: DAO, MFC, XP and queries

    Maybe you have to update the dao library to dao3.6
    see microsoft knowledge base article 236991, 230485, 233002 and 829558

    Theo Buys

    "O Ransen" schreef in bericht
    > I have a MFC program which reads an MDB file using DAO.
    >
    > It opens and reads tables ok, but crashes when I try to open
    > queries. I use CDaoRecordset for both queries and records.
    >
    > VC6 running on XP with a database created in Access 95.
    >
    > Any suggestions as to why it works with tables and not
    > queries?
    >

    > TIA
    >
    > Owen
    >
    > Unique and easy to use graphics programs
    > http://www.ransen.com

  3. Re: DAO, MFC, XP and queries

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 16:52:52 +0200, "Theo Buys"
    wrote:

    >Maybe you have to update the dao library to dao3.6
    >see microsoft knowledge base article 236991, 230485, 233002 and 829558
    >
    >Theo Buys

    Many thanks!

    Owen

    Unique and easy to use graphics programs
    http://www.ransen.com

+ Reply to Thread