Visual Studio auto-complete question - Programmer

This is a discussion on Visual Studio auto-complete question - Programmer ; You know the autocomplete feature of VS6, for example, when you type CString:: it pops up a combo box with the list of the methods and variables? Well, it seems to have stopped doing it for my project, or only ...

  1. Visual Studio auto-complete question

    You know the autocomplete feature of VS6, for example, when you type
    CString:: it pops up a combo box with the list of the methods and variables?

    Well, it seems to have stopped doing it for my project, or only does it
    occasionally inside the same few functions. Is there a way to fix this?

    Thanks,

    Martin

  2. Re: Visual Studio auto-complete question

    On Sat, 1 May 2004 18:41:38 +0100, "Martin John Brindle"
    wrote:

    >You know the autocomplete feature of VS6, for example, when you type
    >CString:: it pops up a combo box with the list of the methods and variables?
    >
    >Well, it seems to have stopped doing it for my project, or only does it
    >occasionally inside the same few functions. Is there a way to fix this?

    Yes, it involves deleting a file that VC will rebuild.

    Can't remember the extension, but if no one answers, a google search on
    autocomplete will probably find it.

  3. Re: Visual Studio auto-complete question

    Quandon wrote:
    >>You know the autocomplete feature of VS6, for example, when you type
    >>CString:: it pops up a combo box with the list of the methods and variables?
    >>
    >>Well, it seems to have stopped doing it for my project, or only does it
    >>occasionally inside the same few functions. Is there a way to fix this?

    > Yes, it involves deleting a file that VC will rebuild.
    >
    > Can't remember the extension, but if no one answers, a google search on
    > autocomplete will probably find it.

    Close VS, delete your project's *.ncb file, open VS.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread