repaint windows after a minimize - Programmer

This is a discussion on repaint windows after a minimize - Programmer ; Hi, I have a simple dialog-based application running. To process information, it spawns another thread and uses that to process while spawning another thread to check on the progress and output it onto a progress bar in the main dialog. ...

  1. repaint windows after a minimize

    Hi,

    I have a simple dialog-based application running. To process
    information, it spawns another thread and uses that to process while
    spawning another thread to check on the progress and output it onto a
    progress bar in the main dialog. This all works perfectly, but my
    problem is that if i minimize the main dialog or move another window
    over it, the dialog will not repaint itself.

    Thanks in advance,
    Brian

  2. Re: repaint windows after a minimize

    Brian Lee wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a simple dialog-based application running. To process
    > information, it spawns another thread and uses that to process while
    > spawning another thread to check on the progress and output it onto a
    > progress bar in the main dialog. This all works perfectly, but my
    > problem is that if i minimize the main dialog or move another window
    > over it, the dialog will not repaint itself.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Brian

    The purpose of spawning another thread is to let the main thread
    continue to process messages, but your problem indicates that you have
    stopped the message processing somehow.

    When the dialog is in this state click Break on the Debug menu, then use
    the stack window to find out where your main thread code is stuck. If
    you have a WaitForSingleObject call or a polling loop in the main thread
    then it can not process messages, and therefore can not repaint the
    dialog.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread