overlapped MessageBox() - Programmer

This is a discussion on overlapped MessageBox() - Programmer ; Hi all How can I show a MessageBox without waiting for the user to press a button? I think of something like an overlapped execution. I don't care about any return values. My main thread has to return immediately. I ...

  1. overlapped MessageBox()

    Hi all

    How can I show a MessageBox without waiting for the user to press a button?
    I think of something like an overlapped execution.

    I don't care about any return values.
    My main thread has to return immediately.
    I already thought of creating a thread calling MessageBox().

    Has anyone a better idea?
    Is there another news group beeing more suitable to this question?

    Many thanks in advance
    Joerg M-T

  2. Re: overlapped MessageBox()

    On 29 Apr 2004 06:53:09 -0700, google@mueller-tolk.de (Joerg Mueller-Tolk)
    wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >How can I show a MessageBox without waiting for the user to press a button?
    >I think of something like an overlapped execution.
    >
    >I don't care about any return values.
    >My main thread has to return immediately.
    >I already thought of creating a thread calling MessageBox().
    >
    >Has anyone a better idea?
    >Is there another news group beeing more suitable to this question?

    Do you mean that you want the application to terminate leaving a message box on
    the screen ?

  3. Re: overlapped MessageBox()

    Joerg Mueller-Tolk wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > How can I show a MessageBox without waiting for the user to press a button?
    > I think of something like an overlapped execution.
    >
    > I don't care about any return values.
    > My main thread has to return immediately.
    > I already thought of creating a thread calling MessageBox().
    >
    > Has anyone a better idea?
    > Is there another news group beeing more suitable to this question?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance
    > Joerg M-T

    Create a modeless dialog that looks like a message box.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

  4. Re: overlapped MessageBox()

    qpw3141@yahoo.co.uk (Quandon) wrote in message news:<4091195d.186630437@news.onetel.net.uk>...

    > Do you mean that you want the application to terminate leaving a message box on
    > the screen ?

    Oh yes. It might sound silly.
    The MessageBox is to be displayed on the desktop of a print job owner
    if the job fails. In unattended mode there will just be a eventlog
    entry.

+ Reply to Thread