CDialog and CPropertySheet problem..! - Programmer

This is a discussion on CDialog and CPropertySheet problem..! - Programmer ; Hi, I'm currently experiencing quite an odd problem. I have this dialog (CDialog) which, among other things, contain a tree control and a property sheet. That is, I create the CPropertySheet dynamically by doing something like this: code:----------------------------------------------------------------------- ------- m_interactionSheet.AddPage(&m_actionPage); ...

  1. CDialog and CPropertySheet problem..!

    Hi,

    I'm currently experiencing quite an odd problem.
    I have this dialog (CDialog) which, among other things, contain a tree
    control and a property sheet. That is, I create the CPropertySheet
    dynamically by doing something like this:

    code:-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------
    m_interactionSheet.AddPage(&m_actionPage);
    m_interactionSheet.AddPage(&m_eventPage);

    // Create and show the property sheet itself
    m_interactionSheet.Create(this, WS_CHILD |
    WS_VISIBLE);----------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------
    The above code works without any problems. However, if I try to show another
    dialog after having called CPropertySheet's Create() function, the
    application locks up. It's like it goes into an infinite message loop or
    something :S

    If I comment out the m_interactionSheet.Create() part OR I remove all
    controls from the property page template I can create and display CDialogs
    again.. otherwise not

    EDIT: I have reproduced the behaviour in an ordinary SDI application. PLEASE
    have a look at it here:
    http://www.blacksmith-studios.dk/PropertyTest.zip
    The problem is in the CInteraction::OnInitDialog() function. (BTW, this is
    just a test program so everything might be messy and all.. this problem is
    just killing me )

    Any idea what might be causing this as I'm all blank
    Thanks,

  2. Re: CDialog and CPropertySheet problem..!

    I _exactly_ have the same problem and I am very interesting in the solution
    you could find to solve it... It would be great to insert a CPropertySheet
    into a CDialog window; managing a CTabCtrl is more complicated.

    Thanks

    "Andersen og Madsen" a écrit dans le message de
    news: c6ju14$1rtk$1@news.cybercity.dk...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm currently experiencing quite an odd problem.
    > I have this dialog (CDialog) which, among other things, contain a tree
    > control and a property sheet. That is, I create the CPropertySheet
    > dynamically by doing something like this:

    code:-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    > -------
    > m_interactionSheet.AddPage(&m_actionPage);
    > m_interactionSheet.AddPage(&m_eventPage);
    >
    > // Create and show the property sheet itself
    > m_interactionSheet.Create(this, WS_CHILD |

    WS_VISIBLE);----------------------------------------------------------------
    > --------------
    > The above code works without any problems. However, if I try to show

    another
    > dialog after having called CPropertySheet's Create() function, the
    > application locks up. It's like it goes into an infinite message loop or
    > something :S
    >
    > If I comment out the m_interactionSheet.Create() part OR I remove all
    > controls from the property page template I can create and display CDialogs
    > again.. otherwise not
    >
    > EDIT: I have reproduced the behaviour in an ordinary SDI application.

    PLEASE
    > have a look at it here:
    > http://www.blacksmith-studios.dk/PropertyTest.zip
    > The problem is in the CInteraction::OnInitDialog() function. (BTW, this is
    > just a test program so everything might be messy and all.. this problem is
    > just killing me )
    >
    > Any idea what might be causing this as I'm all blank
    > Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread