[newbie] Visual C++ path problem - Programmer

This is a discussion on [newbie] Visual C++ path problem - Programmer ; Hi, I am working on an existing VC project. The source code structure is that the main project depends on several sub-projects. The sub-projects will be compiled to DLL so the main EXE file can call them. I am trying ...

  1. [newbie] Visual C++ path problem

    Hi, I am working on an existing VC project. The source code structure
    is that the main project depends on several sub-projects. The
    sub-projects will be compiled to DLL so the main EXE file can call
    them. I am trying to run the project from VC (with Debug
    configration), but the error comes out that it cannot find the ".DLL"
    files. The compiled DLLs are in the Debug folder of each sub-project.
    How should I configure the VC environment so that the main project
    knows how to find those DLLs?

    Thanks,

    -Y.C.

  2. Re: [newbie] Visual C++ path problem

    Yi wrote:
    > Hi, I am working on an existing VC project. The source code structure
    > is that the main project depends on several sub-projects. The
    > sub-projects will be compiled to DLL so the main EXE file can call
    > them. I am trying to run the project from VC (with Debug
    > configration), but the error comes out that it cannot find the ".DLL"
    > files. The compiled DLLs are in the Debug folder of each sub-project.
    > How should I configure the VC environment so that the main project
    > knows how to find those DLLs?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Y.C.

    Things work well if you direct all output (exe, dll, lib and pdb) files
    to the same directory. In VC6 this can be done in the 'General' page of
    the project settings, where it says 'Output Files.'

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

  3. Re: [newbie] Visual C++ path problem

    "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" wrote in message news:...
    > Yi wrote:
    > > Hi, I am working on an existing VC project. The source code structure
    > > is that the main project depends on several sub-projects. The
    > > sub-projects will be compiled to DLL so the main EXE file can call
    > > them. I am trying to run the project from VC (with Debug
    > > configration), but the error comes out that it cannot find the ".DLL"
    > > files. The compiled DLLs are in the Debug folder of each sub-project.
    > > How should I configure the VC environment so that the main project
    > > knows how to find those DLLs?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > -Y.C.

    > Things work well if you direct all output (exe, dll, lib and pdb) files
    > to the same directory. In VC6 this can be done in the 'General' page of
    > the project settings, where it says 'Output Files.'

    Thank you very much!

+ Reply to Thread