Property Sheet Question - Programmer

This is a discussion on Property Sheet Question - Programmer ; Greetings: I am trying to create a property sheet that provides access to the separate pages using the thumb tabs, but also shows, outside of the thumb tabs, some data that is common to all of the property pages. It ...

  1. Property Sheet Question

    Greetings:

    I am trying to create a property sheet that provides access to the separate
    pages using the thumb tabs, but also shows, outside of the thumb tabs, some
    data that is common to all of the property pages.

    It looks like the stardard property sheet approach allows you only three
    push buttons for the standard property sheet or there's the "wizard" option
    but I'm not interested in those. I would like to have some controls on the
    sheet itself that are NOT on the thumb-tabbed pages.

    Is this possible? How can I do this?

    Thank you,
    Mark Roberts
    Toronto, Canada

  2. Re: Property Sheet Question

    Just create a CPropertySheet as a child control (modeless type) on a dialog.
    Initialize and setup the property sheet in the dialog's OnInitInstance
    function.

    --
    Frank

    "Mark Roberts" wrote in message
    news:uzbfc.13190$vF3.1245847@news20.bellglobal.com ...
    > Greetings:
    >
    > I am trying to create a property sheet that provides access to the

    separate
    > pages using the thumb tabs, but also shows, outside of the thumb tabs,

    some
    > data that is common to all of the property pages.
    >
    > It looks like the stardard property sheet approach allows you only three
    > push buttons for the standard property sheet or there's the "wizard"

    option
    > but I'm not interested in those. I would like to have some controls on the
    > sheet itself that are NOT on the thumb-tabbed pages.
    >
    > Is this possible? How can I do this?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Mark Roberts
    > Toronto, Canada

  3. Re: Property Sheet Question

    Create Tab Control manually.

    Dmitri

    "Mark Roberts" сообщил/сообщила в новостях
    > Greetings:
    >
    > I am trying to create a property sheet that provides access to the

    separate
    > pages using the thumb tabs, but also shows, outside of the thumb tabs,

    some
    > data that is common to all of the property pages.
    >
    > It looks like the stardard property sheet approach allows you only three
    > push buttons for the standard property sheet or there's the "wizard"

    option
    > but I'm not interested in those. I would like to have some controls on the
    > sheet itself that are NOT on the thumb-tabbed pages.
    >
    > Is this possible? How can I do this?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Mark Roberts
    > Toronto, Canada

  4. Re: Property Sheet Question

    I am relatively new to MFC but have been doing something that might work for
    you.

    I have been making dialog boxes that change based on selections made within
    the box based on three combo boxes. Depending on the selections, the data
    below changes.

    The main dialog box contains the three combo boxes and depending on the
    results, a child dialog with no border is then drawn into the window. You
    coudl do the same, making your main dialog box with the common controls and
    then drawing in a child with the tab controls.

    Speaking of tab controls, how do you create them with a wizard?

    -Todd

    "Mark Roberts" wrote in message
    news:uzbfc.13190$vF3.1245847@news20.bellglobal.com ...
    > Greetings:
    >
    > I am trying to create a property sheet that provides access to the

    separate
    > pages using the thumb tabs, but also shows, outside of the thumb tabs,

    some
    > data that is common to all of the property pages.
    >
    > It looks like the stardard property sheet approach allows you only three
    > push buttons for the standard property sheet or there's the "wizard"

    option
    > but I'm not interested in those. I would like to have some controls on the
    > sheet itself that are NOT on the thumb-tabbed pages.
    >
    > Is this possible? How can I do this?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Mark Roberts
    > Toronto, Canada