hello all.. i recently ordered Windows XP DDK and installed it in my
computer.. after that i downloaded the win32 sdk from microsoft's
site...

i had no problems compiling example codes from dennis ritchie's c
programming book using windows xp ddk. but when i decide to compile
this simple source,

#include

void main()
{
MessageBox(0, "hello", "msg", 0);
}

using the commandline

cl.exe /nologo /MT /W3 /GX /O2 /I "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDK\include" /D WIN32 /D NDEBUG /D _CONSOLE /D _MBCS /c msgbox.cpp

*** C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\include >>> default folder of
win32sdk includes

using cl.exe in windows xp ddk i get this error

Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.00.9176 for
80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1984-2001. All rights reserved.

msgbox.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\include\Windows.h(157) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'excpt.h': No such file or directory

i examined windows.h in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\include and it
also contains an include to excpt.h which is located in C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SDK\src\crt..

i hope you can help me.. i can't afford ms visual studio..