Show tooltip when checkbox gets checked - Programmer

This is a discussion on Show tooltip when checkbox gets checked - Programmer ; Hi, I would like to use a tooltip in a way it was not designed for. When an end user clicks a certain checkbox in a dialog he shall see a warning "Are you sure...?". I'd prefer not using an ...

  1. Show tooltip when checkbox gets checked

    Hi,

    I would like to use a tooltip in a way it was not designed for.
    When an end user clicks a certain checkbox in a dialog he shall
    see a warning "Are you sure...?".
    I'd prefer not using an anoying MessageBox but rather would do
    it by a tooltip. The tooltip should display immediately and at the
    checkbox position (even if it was checked by the keyboard).
    Can this be done easily? I tried to figure it out, but had no luck.
    Searching NGs didn't help me either.

    TIA

  2. Re: Show tooltip when checkbox gets checked

    On 2 Apr 2004 06:37:47 -0800, uwe.kotyczka@web.de (Uwe Kotyczka) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I would like to use a tooltip in a way it was not designed for.
    >When an end user clicks a certain checkbox in a dialog he shall
    >see a warning "Are you sure...?".
    >I'd prefer not using an anoying MessageBox but rather would do
    >it by a tooltip. The tooltip should display immediately and at the
    >checkbox position (even if it was checked by the keyboard).
    >Can this be done easily? I tried to figure it out, but had no luck.
    >Searching NGs didn't help me either.

    You could place an ownerdraw button big enough to hold the text by the checkbox,
    and when it's checked, use that.

    i.e. Set flag, Invalidate button, Draw text, set timer, ontimer:clear flag,
    invalidate button, draw blank.

    Are you sure what you want to do is good design? (I'm not saying it isn't as I
    don't know the app, but the user won't be able to answer the question.)

+ Reply to Thread