running a PIF file for DOS application using CreateProcess - Programmer

This is a discussion on running a PIF file for DOS application using CreateProcess - Programmer ; Hello, I am trying to find a way to use Allocconsole and open a DOS session using the the extra parameters in a pif file like memory settings. when I try to launch the PIF using create process I am ...

  1. running a PIF file for DOS application using CreateProcess

    Hello,

    I am trying to find a way to use Allocconsole and open a DOS session
    using the the extra parameters in a pif file like memory settings.

    when I try to launch the PIF using create process I am getting an
    error message

    The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
    and get the Close Ignore buttons.

    If I use CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE in the creation flags, ofcourse everything
    works,
    but it is open in a new window. in the allocated console window I
    always get this GPF.

    I can change _default.pif and just execute cmd.exe but I do not want
    to be dependant on _default.pif because of multiple executions issue.
    _default.pif is is hardcoded into ntvdm.exe.
    How can I allocconsole, run CMD with PIF settings ? and no
    _default.pif?

    Help ?

    Thanksfor your time,

    Ran.

  2. Re: running a PIF file for DOS application using CreateProcess

    "Ran" wrote in message
    news:2d73b65b.0402281214.60f3c053@posting.google.c om...

    Maybe first you should clarify what programming language you're using. You
    posted to a C++ group, a VB group, a Delphi group and others. Even better,
    post to *relevant* newsgroups only.

    Mike

+ Reply to Thread