This is a discussion on Loading Bitmaps More than once - Programmer ; I have a picture control that displays various bitmaps throughout my program. The following code wotks the first time through, but not after that: VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD)); m_card_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp); Do I have to destroy and re-define m_bmp? I tried to, but maybe I ...

    I have a picture control that displays various bitmaps throughout my
    program. The following code wotks the first time through, but not
    after that:

    VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD));
    m_card_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp);

    Do I have to destroy and re-define m_bmp? I tried to, but maybe I
    don't have the right format, as it didn't work. I've looked
    everywhere but can find no answer.

    Thanks,

    Matt

  2. Re: Loading Bitmaps More than once

    "matt" skrev i en meddelelse
    news:c2838b8f.0402141053.375357dd@posting.google.c om...
    > I have a picture control that displays various bitmaps throughout my
    > program. The following code wotks the first time through, but not
    > after that:
    >
    > VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD));
    > m_card_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp);
    >
    > Do I have to destroy and re-define m_bmp? I tried to, but maybe I
    > don't have the right format, as it didn't work. I've looked
    > everywhere but can find no answer.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Matt

    Did you try to call m_bmp.Detach() before reloading a new bitmap?

    --
    Bjarne Nielsen

  3. Re: Loading Bitmaps More than once

    "Bjarne Nielsen" wrote in message
    news:40307dc2$0$265$edfadb0f@dread12.news.tele.dk. ..
    > "matt" skrev i en meddelelse
    > news:c2838b8f.0402141053.375357dd@posting.google.c om...
    > > I have a picture control that displays various bitmaps throughout my
    > > program. The following code wotks the first time through, but not
    > > after that:
    > >
    > > VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD));
    > > m_card_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp);
    > >
    > > Do I have to destroy and re-define m_bmp? I tried to, but maybe I
    > > don't have the right format, as it didn't work. I've looked
    > > everywhere but can find no answer.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Matt

    > Did you try to call m_bmp.Detach() before reloading a new bitmap?
    >
    > --
    > Bjarne Nielsen

    Use DeleteObject rather than Detach. If you Detach without freeing the
    handle, you'll get resource leaks.

    Jae

+ Reply to Thread