Building UNICODE application using MSVC++ 6.0 - Programmer

This is a discussion on Building UNICODE application using MSVC++ 6.0 - Programmer ; Could someone please tell me who to build a UNICODE application using VC6.0. When I define UNICODE I get a link error. The error is as follows: msvcrtd.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved symbol _WinMain@16. Thanks in advance, Dale...

  1. Building UNICODE application using MSVC++ 6.0

    Could someone please tell me who to build a UNICODE application using VC6.0.
    When I define UNICODE I get a link error. The error is as follows:

    msvcrtd.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved symbol _WinMain@16.

    Thanks in advance,
    Dale

  2. Re: Building UNICODE application using MSVC++ 6.0

    "Dale Hill" wrote in message
    > Could someone please tell me who to build a UNICODE application using

    VC6.0.
    > When I define UNICODE I get a link error. The error is as follows:
    >
    > msvcrtd.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved symbol _WinMain@16.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Dale

    Dave,

    Solution : Specify Program entry point.

    In VC7.0, In the Output page of the Linker folder in the project's Property
    Pages
    dialog box, set the Entry Point symbol to wWinMainCRTStartup.

    In VC6.0, its in Project Settings, Link Tab (If i remember rightly)

+ Reply to Thread