Problem copying dialogs between resource files. - Programmer

This is a discussion on Problem copying dialogs between resource files. - Programmer ; Hello I am unable to get the Add Member Variable Wizard to work when I copy a dialog from one *.rc file to another. I copy the dialogs outside of a project like the help says. When the wizard comes ...

  1. Problem copying dialogs between resource files.

    Hello
    I am unable to get the Add Member Variable Wizard to work when I copy
    a dialog from one *.rc file to another. I copy the dialogs outside of
    a project like the help says. When the wizard comes up most of the
    fields are grayed out like the control variable check box and the
    Control ID combo box. Any ideas.

    Thanks
    Craig

  2. Re: Problem copying dialogs between resource files.

    "Craig Johnston" skrev i en meddelelse
    news:6559765c.0402121634.45594ed1@posting.google.c om...
    > Hello
    > I am unable to get the Add Member Variable Wizard to work when I copy
    > a dialog from one *.rc file to another. I copy the dialogs outside of
    > a project like the help says. When the wizard comes up most of the
    > fields are grayed out like the control variable check box and the
    > Control ID combo box. Any ideas.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    Hi Craig,

    I assume you are using VS7.x. The new HTML-scripting based wizards are so
    unpredictable in their behaviour, that every time I try to use them, I get
    different results. I have now given up using them, and add variables by
    hand.
    It admittedly would be easier to use the wizard if it worked, but when you
    get used to it, handcoding it isn't all that difficult. You can always check
    some of your other code to see how the DDX functions should be set up.
    Hopefully this will be amended in the next version, although my hopes are
    not high.

    Good luck.

    --
    Bjarne Nielsen

  3. Re: Problem copying dialogs between resource files.

    "Craig Johnston" wrote in message
    news:6559765c.0402121634.45594ed1@posting.google.c om...
    > Hello
    > I am unable to get the Add Member Variable Wizard to work when I copy
    > a dialog from one *.rc file to another. I copy the dialogs outside of
    > a project like the help says. When the wizard comes up most of the
    > fields are grayed out like the control variable check box and the
    > Control ID combo box. Any ideas.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    Stop using wizards, particularly those of the microsoft variety

    SR

  4. Re: Problem copying dialogs between resource files.

    "Craig Johnston" wrote in message
    news:6559765c.0402121634.45594ed1@posting.google.c om...
    > Hello
    > I am unable to get the Add Member Variable Wizard to work when I copy
    > a dialog from one *.rc file to another. I copy the dialogs outside of
    > a project like the help says. When the wizard comes up most of the
    > fields are grayed out like the control variable check box and the
    > Control ID combo box. Any ideas.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    That's making life difficult. Open the destination project, open the
    resource file, drag the dialog across **WITH THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON**
    otherwise the dialog will be moved rather than copied.

    Jase

+ Reply to Thread