CListCtrl question - Programmer

This is a discussion on CListCtrl question - Programmer ; Is there a size limit to CListCtrl? I am writing an application that inserts text string into a list control. The application will be running for a long period of time (at least 30 days), potentially generating 1 line of ...

  1. CListCtrl question

    Is there a size limit to CListCtrl?

    I am writing an application that inserts text string into a list control.
    The application will be running for a long period of time (at least 30
    days), potentially generating 1 line of text (80 chars) every 10 seconds.
    This comes to ~270000 lines. I was wondering if the application needs to
    worry about setting/watching the memory usage for the list control.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: CListCtrl question

    "Kelly C." wrote in message
    > Is there a size limit to CListCtrl?

    Yes. Size of CListCtrl is limited to "int" range.
    For large data You better use virtual mode.
    By !

+ Reply to Thread