Hi all,

Background: I have an MFC app that is trapping keypress events in
PRETRANSLATEMESSAGE and acting upon them . When the Escape key is pressed in
the app, it ezits from the current window. I seem to be getting multiple
keypress messages as the window I am in is exiting back not just once, but
right back to the calling window. If I press the escape key very quickly, I
return just back just one window as it should be !

The question: I am trapping the WM_KEYDOWN message and I believe I want the
lParam, value of the MSG as it contains the Repeat Count and Key state of
the key pressed.

How on earth do I get to the values that are stored in the lParam part of
the message structure !

I believe I need to do some BIT handling ?

Thanks

Jon.