Command line params to MFC Dialog - Programmer

This is a discussion on Command line params to MFC Dialog - Programmer ; Hi, Iam tring to pass a command line string to a MFC dialog edit box, I can assign the m_lpCmdLine variable within the initinstance() of the app.cpp but how to I get it into the dialog.cpp. Ive tried defined the ...

  1. Command line params to MFC Dialog

    Hi,
    Iam tring to pass a command line string to a MFC dialog edit box, I can
    assign the m_lpCmdLine variable within the initinstance() of the app.cpp but
    how to I get it into the dialog.cpp.
    Ive tried defined the class and pulling the variable but get a "cannot
    access member variable...." error
    Any help greatly appreciated

    Thanks

    Ian

  2. Re: Command line params to MFC Dialog

    "Ian Flack" wrote in message
    >I can
    > assign the m_lpCmdLine variable within the initinstance() of the app.cpp

    but
    > how to I get it into the dialog.cpp.

    Put it into your dialog class before DoModal call. i.e. create CString
    member inside dialog class.

    best regards !

+ Reply to Thread