CDaoDatabase and Windows 98 - Programmer

This is a discussion on CDaoDatabase and Windows 98 - Programmer ; Hello, I have created an application that writes data to an Access database using the class CDaoDatabase. This application works fine on Windows 2000 and XP but I can not seem to make it work on Windows 98 SE. Whenever ...

  1. CDaoDatabase and Windows 98

    Hello,
    I have created an application that writes data to an Access database
    using the class CDaoDatabase. This application works fine on Windows
    2000 and XP but I can not seem to make it work on Windows 98 SE.
    Whenever i try to run the program on win98 a the program reports
    "Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine".
    I have tried installing different versions of the MDAC drivers
    (including 2.5, 2.5 SP3, 2.6 etc)on the win98 machine, but it just
    does not make a difference.
    Has anybody gor any good ideas, as to what could solve this problem ?
    Thanks !
    /John

  2. Re: CDaoDatabase and Windows 98

    Provide the distributable drivers contained with the visual c++ compiler.

    Theo Buys

    john wrote in message
    news:8add0138.0402050128.7ad0b497@posting.google.c om...
    > Hello,
    > I have created an application that writes data to an Access database
    > using the class CDaoDatabase. This application works fine on Windows
    > 2000 and XP but I can not seem to make it work on Windows 98 SE.
    > Whenever i try to run the program on win98 a the program reports
    > "Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine".
    > I have tried installing different versions of the MDAC drivers
    > (including 2.5, 2.5 SP3, 2.6 etc)on the win98 machine, but it just
    > does not make a difference.
    > Has anybody gor any good ideas, as to what could solve this problem ?
    > Thanks !
    > /John

+ Reply to Thread