Trapping the Kill Focus in a custom control - Programmer

This is a discussion on Trapping the Kill Focus in a custom control - Programmer ; I've got a custom control that I am implementing that behaves much like a combo box. When the user clicks the down arrow button, an new window is displayed that presents a Color Selector much like the one in MS ...

  1. Trapping the Kill Focus in a custom control

    I've got a custom control that I am implementing that behaves much
    like a combo box. When the user clicks the down arrow button, an new
    window is displayed that presents a Color Selector much like the one
    in MS Office. Now I've got everything working fine but one that that
    is causing me trouble is that when the Color selection drop down is
    shown the control sends a killfocus message. I don't really want a
    kill focus message to go out since my control hasn't really lost
    focus, its just given it to is dropdown window.

    Looking at SPY I see that the normal combo box doesn't send out a kill
    focus when the dropdown is opened so there must be a way to trap the
    message.

    Does anyone know how I can keep my Control from sending a kill focus
    when the Dropdown window is shown?

    My class is derived from CButton.

    Thanks

    Timothy Bish
    tabish[at]twcny.rr.com

  2. Re: Trapping the Kill Focus in a custom control

    The reply I had to my post MSMASK (4 up) , may be of use.......

    You can trap the message in this way also ?

    "Timothy Bish" wrote in message
    news:1710e62d.0401191141.1824a918@posting.google.c om...
    > I've got a custom control that I am implementing that behaves much
    > like a combo box. When the user clicks the down arrow button, an new
    > window is displayed that presents a Color Selector much like the one
    > in MS Office. Now I've got everything working fine but one that that
    > is causing me trouble is that when the Color selection drop down is
    > shown the control sends a killfocus message. I don't really want a
    > kill focus message to go out since my control hasn't really lost
    > focus, its just given it to is dropdown window.
    >
    > Looking at SPY I see that the normal combo box doesn't send out a kill
    > focus when the dropdown is opened so there must be a way to trap the
    > message.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can keep my Control from sending a kill focus
    > when the Dropdown window is shown?
    >
    > My class is derived from CButton.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Timothy Bish