Graphics Toolbox - Programmer

This is a discussion on Graphics Toolbox - Programmer ; Hello Good People Can anyone suggest a decent, LOW COST ( Windows for designing graphics to run on an embedded target. I see some beautiful stuff in the $10K range but they represent a great amount of overkill. Thanks Mike...

  1. Graphics Toolbox

    Hello Good People

    Can anyone suggest a decent, LOW COST (<$1000) graphics toolbox, hosted in
    Windows for designing graphics to run on an embedded target.

    I see some beautiful stuff in the $10K range but they represent a great
    amount of overkill.

    Thanks
    Mike

  2. Re: Graphics Toolbox

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:26:11 GMT, "Mike McNaughton"
    wrote:
    For my Windows Development I use

    FreeImage for File Saving/Reading
    http://freeimage.sourceforge.net/

    PaintLib for General Reading/Saving
    http://www.paintlib.de/paintlib/

    ImageMAgick for really really big Jobs
    For Image Manipulation I use teh Code from CodeGuru which is Fast Fast
    Fast

    Magic Software has some really nice stuff Also
    http://www.magic-software.com/index.html

    I have used LeadTools in the Past and while it appears to be OK it
    requires a commitment and total domination of your software so Unles
    you plan of using a wrapping facade around each and every Graphics
    call I DO NOT Recommend it

    >Hello Good People
    >
    >Can anyone suggest a decent, LOW COST (<$1000) graphics toolbox, hosted in
    >Windows for designing graphics to run on an embedded target.
    >
    >I see some beautiful stuff in the $10K range but they represent a great
    >amount of overkill.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Mike

+ Reply to Thread