Looking for a Grid Control that...... - Programmer

This is a discussion on Looking for a Grid Control that...... - Programmer ; Allows in-place editing of cells using a combo box. Allows cells within a column to SELECTIVELY use combo-box editing (some of them MUST be plain old edit boxes) Allows cells with combo-box editing enabled to display the drop-down arrow AT ...

  1. Looking for a Grid Control that......

    Allows in-place editing of cells using a combo box.
    Allows cells within a column to SELECTIVELY use combo-box editing
    (some of them MUST be plain old edit boxes)
    Allows cells with combo-box editing enabled to display the drop-down
    arrow AT ALL TIMES or, at worst, when the cursor is over the cell. It
    must be possible to display the drop-down box with one click, not two.

    I've downloaded about 7 different grid control demos now and none of
    them seem to do it all. The Infragistics UltraGrid looks like it
    *should* do it, but the C++ samples are suspicious in that they raise
    an awful lot of ATL asserts, raise exceptions on exit and fail to
    display combos for some cells that they should be displayed for.

    Thanks for any help.
    Paul Duggan

  2. Re: Looking for a Grid Control that......

    Paul,

    I use the Dundas Ultimate Grid, version 6. I'm very happy with it, you can
    do most anything with it you like, and you get the full source code. I'm not
    sure about the in-place editing of combo boxes, but the rest of your
    requirements are no problem.

    --
    Bjarne Nielsen

    "Paul Duggan" skrev i en meddelelse
    news:d1c704e9.0401150337.43ed092a@posting.google.c om...
    > Allows in-place editing of cells using a combo box.
    > Allows cells within a column to SELECTIVELY use combo-box editing
    > (some of them MUST be plain old edit boxes)
    > Allows cells with combo-box editing enabled to display the drop-down
    > arrow AT ALL TIMES or, at worst, when the cursor is over the cell. It
    > must be possible to display the drop-down box with one click, not two.
    >
    > I've downloaded about 7 different grid control demos now and none of
    > them seem to do it all. The Infragistics UltraGrid looks like it
    > *should* do it, but the C++ samples are suspicious in that they raise
    > an awful lot of ATL asserts, raise exceptions on exit and fail to
    > display combos for some cells that they should be displayed for.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Paul Duggan

  3. Re: Looking for a Grid Control that......

    In article ,
    pdduggan@hotmail.com (Paul Duggan) wrote:

    > Allows in-place editing of cells using a combo box.
    > Allows cells within a column to SELECTIVELY use combo-box editing
    > (some of them MUST be plain old edit boxes)
    > Allows cells with combo-box editing enabled to display the drop-down
    > arrow AT ALL TIMES or, at worst, when the cursor is over the cell. It
    > must be possible to display the drop-down box with one click, not two.
    >
    > I've downloaded about 7 different grid control demos now and none of
    > them seem to do it all. The Infragistics UltraGrid looks like it
    > *should* do it, but the C++ samples are suspicious in that they raise
    > an awful lot of ATL asserts, raise exceptions on exit and fail to
    > display combos for some cells that they should be displayed for.

    I think SuperGrid does everything you want.

    also see:

    It is free. With source.

+ Reply to Thread