VC++ Routines to access large files - Programmer

This is a discussion on VC++ Routines to access large files - Programmer ; Can anyone point me to the visual C++ file io routines that I can use to access large files - those larger than 2-4 gigabytes? I.E. replacements for GetPosition, GetLength, Seek, etc. Thanks. biehl@purdue.edu -- Larry Biehl biehl@purdue.edu...

  1. VC++ Routines to access large files

    --
    Larry Biehl
    biehl@purdue.edu

  2. Re: VC++ Routines to access large files

    Larry Biehl wrote:
    > Can anyone point me to the visual C++ file io routines that I can use to
    > access large files - those larger than 2-4 gigabytes? I.E. replacements
    > for GetPosition, GetLength, Seek, etc.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > biehl@purdue.edu

    See CreateFile, GetFileSizeEx, SetFilePointerEx in MSDN

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread