MessageBox parent and dialog window - Programmer

This is a discussion on MessageBox parent and dialog window - Programmer ; I wrote an SDI program where I use OpenGL to draw objects in the main frame. The properties of the object is controlled by a modeless dialog window that is popped up by an item in the main menu. Now ...

  1. MessageBox parent and dialog window

    I wrote an SDI program where I use OpenGL to draw objects in the main
    frame. The properties of the object is controlled by a modeless dialog
    window that is popped up by an item in the main menu. Now in the
    dialog window I do some error checking and create some AfxMessageBox
    to display the messages. The problem is each time a message box is
    displayed, the main frame is brought to top covering the dialog window
    and stays on top after you OK the message. What I would like is for
    the message box to appear on top of the dialog window, ie. to have the
    dialog window as its parent. How do I do this?

    Thanks,

    David

  2. Re: MessageBox parent and dialog window

    Who is the parent of the Modeless dialog box, make sure the main window is
    the parent.

    Ali R.

    "David Ananas" wrote in message
    news:1f57124c.0312300600.5d71657d@posting.google.c om...
    > I wrote an SDI program where I use OpenGL to draw objects in the main
    > frame. The properties of the object is controlled by a modeless dialog
    > window that is popped up by an item in the main menu. Now in the
    > dialog window I do some error checking and create some AfxMessageBox
    > to display the messages. The problem is each time a message box is
    > displayed, the main frame is brought to top covering the dialog window
    > and stays on top after you OK the message. What I would like is for
    > the message box to appear on top of the dialog window, ie. to have the
    > dialog window as its parent. How do I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > David

+ Reply to Thread