Adding Debugging Version - Programmer

This is a discussion on Adding Debugging Version - Programmer ; I made the mistake, when using VC++ 6, of eliminating the debug version of my dialog app. Is there a way to copy a project so I can re-install a debug version? I tried a simple copy of the folder ...

  1. Adding Debugging Version

    I made the mistake, when using VC++ 6, of eliminating the debug
    version of my dialog app. Is there a way to copy a project so I can
    re-install a debug version? I tried a simple copy of the folder but
    not much luck. I need to debug my program.

    Thanks,

    Matt

  2. Re: Adding Debugging Version

    Open your project in the IDE, From the Menu select Build, Configurations...
    Click Add, name it Debug
    then From the Menu select Project, Settings
    Make sure Debug is selected in the Setting For Combobox,
    Click the C++ Tab, Add _DEBUG to the Preprocessors
    Under the Catagory Code Generations, select the appropriate run-time
    library, mutli debug, single debug
    Under the Linker tab, select generate debug info,
    Under the Debug Info Catagory, make sure the Debug Info Check box is
    selected.

    I hope I haven't missed anything

    Ali R.

    "matt" wrote in message
    news:c2838b8f.0312252025.1ff9f44f@posting.google.c om...
    > I made the mistake, when using VC++ 6, of eliminating the debug
    > version of my dialog app. Is there a way to copy a project so I can
    > re-install a debug version? I tried a simple copy of the folder but
    > not much luck. I need to debug my program.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Matt

+ Reply to Thread