Different look - Programmer

This is a discussion on Different look - Programmer ; Hi. I would like to give my application a different look. What is the best way to achieve this? I would like support for themes, like Winamp, Windows Media Player 9, Mozilla ... etc, but if that is too difficult ...

  1. Different look

    Hi. I would like to give my application a different look. What is the
    best way to achieve this? I would like support for themes, like Winamp,
    Windows Media Player 9, Mozilla ... etc, but if that is too difficult it
    would be enough to change a bit the interface so that it is original and
    different from the rest.
    Thanks,

    sWitCh

  2. Re: Different look

    You are defying the purpose of Windows--to be able to easily use
    applications because their interface is consistent. Stick to the standard
    UI. The best Windows Media Player was v6.1 which was the last to use
    standard Windows look.

    --
    Gleb Dolgich
    Proggle

    s> Hi. I would like to give my application a different look. What is the
    s> best way to achieve this? I would like support for themes, like
    s> Winamp,
    s> Windows Media Player 9, Mozilla ... etc, but if that is too difficult
    s> it would be enough to change a bit the interface so that it is
    s> original and different from the rest.
    s> Thanks,

    s> sWitCh

  3. Re: Different look

    Well, Gleb, you yourself are trying to
    make Windows customized (Mac icons, better installer, etc.)
    so don't blame others!

    "Gleb Dolgich" сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
    > You are defying the purpose of Windows--to be able to easily use
    > applications because their interface is consistent. Stick to the standard
    > UI. The best Windows Media Player was v6.1 which was the last to use
    > standard Windows look.
    >
    > --
    > Gleb Dolgich
    > Proggle
    > http://www.proggle.com
    > Installer/GD - a better installer for Windows software
    > LabelsWin - MacOS-like file labels for Windows
    >
    > s> Hi. I would like to give my application a different look. What is the
    > s> best way to achieve this? I would like support for themes, like
    > s> Winamp,
    > s> Windows Media Player 9, Mozilla ... etc, but if that is too difficult
    > s> it would be enough to change a bit the interface so that it is
    > s> original and different from the rest.
    > s> Thanks,
    >
    > s> sWitCh

+ Reply to Thread