dynamic textbox - Programmer

This is a discussion on dynamic textbox - Programmer ; I'm writing a program that needs input from a textbox and I have the basic program written in c++ but I've been having a hard time figuring out what the easiest way to create a textbox on the screen is. ...

  1. dynamic textbox

    I'm writing a program that needs input from a textbox and I have the basic
    program written in c++ but I've been having a hard time figuring out what
    the easiest way to create a textbox on the screen is. Is it possible to
    dynamically put textboxes and such on the main screen? I know its possible
    to open up a dialog box from a resource file but I wished I could change it
    dynamically on the main screen.
    dave

  2. Re: dynamic textbox

    Dave wrote:

    > I'm writing a program that needs input from a textbox and I have the basic
    > program written in c++ but I've been having a hard time figuring out what
    > the easiest way to create a textbox on the screen is. Is it possible to
    > dynamically put textboxes and such on the main screen? I know its possible
    > to open up a dialog box from a resource file but I wished I could change it
    > dynamically on the main screen.
    > dave

    Yes, it is possible. You can create a CEdit object dynamically and call
    its Create or CreateEx function. You should do this in the window class
    that will be under the edit control, typically the view. Pass the
    window's "this" pointer as the edit control's parent window.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

  3. Re: dynamic textbox

    Well, there is still a better way.
    Just run the Ap Wizard and use CEditView instead of the CView class.
    That's it.

    "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" ???????/???????? ?
    ???????? ?????????: news:xNydnR1vGNcyNnqi4p2dnA@comcast.com...
    > Dave wrote:
    >
    > > I'm writing a program that needs input from a textbox and I have the

    basic
    > > program written in c++ but I've been having a hard time figuring out

    what
    > > the easiest way to create a textbox on the screen is. Is it possible to
    > > dynamically put textboxes and such on the main screen? I know its

    possible
    > > to open up a dialog box from a resource file but I wished I could change

    it
    > > dynamically on the main screen.
    > > dave
    > >

    > Yes, it is possible. You can create a CEdit object dynamically and call
    > its Create or CreateEx function. You should do this in the window class
    > that will be under the edit control, typically the view. Pass the
    > window's "this" pointer as the edit control's parent window.
    >
    > --
    > Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread