Keyboard Tips in VC - Programmer

This is a discussion on Keyboard Tips in VC - Programmer ; Hey, does everyone know about these shortcuts in the VC editor ?I found them very useful and many people I asked who have been working on VC for years ddnt know it!Just thot would share... F12 -> go to definition ...

  1. Keyboard Tips in VC

    Hey, does everyone know about these shortcuts in the VC editor ?I
    found them very useful and many people I asked who have been working
    on VC for years ddnt know it!Just thot would share...

    F12 -> go to definition

    Ctrl + F2 and simple F2 -> mark places in a single file(Unfortunately
    they are not saved if u close the file :-( )

    Ctrl + I -> Search for text as u do in emacs.Shift+Ctrl+I is reverse
    search.

    click anywhere on a word in the editor and do Ctrl + F3...it will do a
    search of that word further down the file...afterwards just F3 is
    enuf.

    F4 ->Goes thru each tag in the window at the bottom be it build or
    debug or find.

    Alt+2 -> Debug window
    Alt+0 -> Workspace window
    and the rest...
    things like Ctrl+W, Ctrl+H etc are common usage i guess.

    The above are things which I found very convenient but something which
    ppl dont use...Any more are welcome.

    Sekhar.

  2. Re: Keyboard Tips in VC

    Bring up VC++. Press F1 for help. goto Index and type shortcut keys. There
    is a very big section on what they are, and how to change them.

    Beside using the help that comes with the software here is another tip : try
    msdn.microsoft.com

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ortcutKeys.asp

    Ali R.

    "Sekhar" wrote in message
    news:ff4e3765.0311190329.48d85b00@posting.google.c om...
    > Hey, does everyone know about these shortcuts in the VC editor ?I
    > found them very useful and many people I asked who have been working
    > on VC for years ddnt know it!Just thot would share...
    >
    > F12 -> go to definition
    >
    > Ctrl + F2 and simple F2 -> mark places in a single file(Unfortunately
    > they are not saved if u close the file :-( )
    >
    > Ctrl + I -> Search for text as u do in emacs.Shift+Ctrl+I is reverse
    > search.
    >
    > click anywhere on a word in the editor and do Ctrl + F3...it will do a
    > search of that word further down the file...afterwards just F3 is
    > enuf.
    >
    > F4 ->Goes thru each tag in the window at the bottom be it build or
    > debug or find.
    >
    > Alt+2 -> Debug window
    > Alt+0 -> Workspace window
    > and the rest...
    > things like Ctrl+W, Ctrl+H etc are common usage i guess.
    >
    > The above are things which I found very convenient but something which
    > ppl dont use...Any more are welcome.
    >
    > Sekhar.

+ Reply to Thread