in MFC, how to make modeless dialog to foreground - Programmer

This is a discussion on in MFC, how to make modeless dialog to foreground - Programmer ; hi I am new to MFC world... I got few problem with the dialog windows, hope I can find the answer here.. I created a main dialog, and will popup another dialog... how can I make the main dialog become ...

  1. in MFC, how to make modeless dialog to foreground

    hi I am new to MFC world... I got few problem with the dialog windows,
    hope I can find the answer here..

    I created a main dialog, and will popup another dialog... how can I
    make the main dialog become foreground while the second dialog remind
    and can be click back to the second dialog... currently the main
    dialog always stay behind...

  2. Re: in MFC, how to make modeless dialog to foreground

    The reason it's like that is because you are setting the first dialog as the
    parent of the second dialog. If you want them to be at the same level, so
    they can overlap each other, when you create the second dialog pass a NULL
    as the parent.

    Ali R.

    "CTHunter" wrote in message
    news:8fddc9bf.0311170757.585d35bf@posting.google.c om...
    > hi I am new to MFC world... I got few problem with the dialog windows,
    > hope I can find the answer here..
    >
    > I created a main dialog, and will popup another dialog... how can I
    > make the main dialog become foreground while the second dialog remind
    > and can be click back to the second dialog... currently the main
    > dialog always stay behind...

  3. Re: in MFC, how to make modeless dialog to foreground

    well, I did pass a NULL as parent, and that's why I don't know where
    goes wrong... do you know any sample code that I can take look?

    thx

    "Ali R." wrote in message news:...
    > The reason it's like that is because you are setting the first dialog as the
    > parent of the second dialog. If you want them to be at the same level, so
    > they can overlap each other, when you create the second dialog pass a NULL
    > as the parent.
    >
    > Ali R.
    >
    > "CTHunter" wrote in message
    > news:8fddc9bf.0311170757.585d35bf@posting.google.c om...
    > > hi I am new to MFC world... I got few problem with the dialog windows,
    > > hope I can find the answer here..
    > >
    > > I created a main dialog, and will popup another dialog... how can I
    > > make the main dialog become foreground while the second dialog remind
    > > and can be click back to the second dialog... currently the main
    > > dialog always stay behind...

+ Reply to Thread