Getting text content of an unknown control - Programmer

This is a discussion on Getting text content of an unknown control - Programmer ; Hi all I have an application that has a control whit 'Scroll' class.It seems a ListBox and has many rows and a few columns. I can't get any text from it(with GetWindowText and WM_GetText). Is thare any general way to ...

  1. Getting text content of an unknown control

    Hi all

    I have an application that has a control whit 'Scroll'
    class.It seems a ListBox and has many rows and a few
    columns. I can't get any text from it(with GetWindowText
    and WM_GetText).

    Is thare any general way to do this (or any reference to
    guide)?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Getting text content of an unknown control

    Is it a CListControl? If it is or it is a ListBox you can't get it's text
    with GetWindowText!
    If it is a ListControl then you will need to use GetItemText method of
    CListCtrl or the LVM_GETITEMTEXT Message.
    If it is a ListBox you can use CListBox::GetText or the LB_GETTEXT Message.

    Ali R.

    "Naser_geraminia" wrote in message
    news:a954aa7.0311102101.77bc7fe7@posting.google.co m...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have an application that has a control whit 'Scroll'
    > class.It seems a ListBox and has many rows and a few
    > columns. I can't get any text from it(with GetWindowText
    > and WM_GetText).
    >
    > Is thare any general way to do this (or any reference to
    > guide)?
    >

    > Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread